SOWELA’s Workforce Solutions Division, in conjunction with Bechtel Oil, Gas & Chemicals, is launching a new program for individuals looking to start a new career or upskill in an electrical apprentice training program. Spots are limited. Scholarships from Bechtel are available to those who qualify through selection.
To prepare the construction site for installation of commercial grade electrical circuitry; to install and maintain the electrical circuits; to maintain and service on-site electrical equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and understand blueprints
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, hand tools, and power tools
- Install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels
- Connect power cable to equipment using hand tools
- Test the installed equipment for safety and electrical compatibility