If you’re looking for a convenient way to sharpen your skills and receive quality instruction, SOWELA’s Office of Workforce Development offers online courses to meet your needs. Whether you want to learn something just for fun or change your career path, our online courses have something for everyone — no matter your educational goals.
Current Online Training Available
SOWELA’s Online Oil & Gas course library contains over 500 relevant courses that reflect the on-the-job skill needs of the tasks performed daily in this Energy Industry. The courses consists of a concise summary of how the Oil & Gas industry works, from exploration, development, production, and transportation that aims to support the induction of newcomers to the industry.
Registration is required to access the courses. Registration will build the user a dashboard where all purchased course views and completed exams will reside. Completed exams can be downloaded and printed from the Dashboard. Following registration, users can return to SOWELA’s Online Training web page, click the Oil & Gas course library (opens new window) link and sign in (using their e-mail address and password used when the registered) to sign in.
Once the User has registered the course pricing will appear on the Product Catalog from that point forward.
- After clicking the Register Now! button above, click the “Register” link under the login area:
- Fill out the User Registration form and click the “Continue” button.
The OSHA Outreach Training Program for General Industry provides training for entry-level workers and employees on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in general industry. The program also provides information regarding worker’s rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint. Through this training, OSHA helps to ensure that workers are more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and their rights.
These courses are affordable, fun, and expertly taught. New sessions start monthly and are in six-week formats with lessons released on Wednesday and Friday of each week. You can enjoy:
- A comprehensive online course in a convenient six-week format
- Engaging student discussion areas
- New sessions starting monthly
- Confirmation of completion awarded with passing score
Discover what lifelong learning courses are available today!
Career Training Programs
A team of professionals from each respective field designed these programs, providing you with effective web-based learning experiences. In these programs, you can:
- Learn the in-demand skills employers want
- Prepare for a national certification where applicable
- Start anytime – complete in 3 to 6 months or up to a year and work at your own pace
- Receive support via phone, email, or live chat seven days a week
- Find expert instructor assistance
- Connect with a Career Counselor
Explore your career training options now!