SOWELA is offering a free camp for students entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Seating is limited with spots given on a first come, first serve basis.
2019 SOWELA iCAMP Schedule
- 8 a.m. to Noon daily
- Monday, May 27th (Memorial Day holiday) to Friday, May 31st OR
- Monday, July 29th to Friday, August 2nd
Campers participate in four different experiences, including:
- Drafting – Basic drafting concepts will be introduced along with 3D printing concepts and creation.
- Chemical Laboratory Technology – Experiment with laboratory exercises involving everyday organic compounds.
- Process Technology – Experience Plant and Operational processing using augmented reality and hands-on exercises.
- Instrumentation/Electrical – Explore basic control loop functionality using individual microcontroller kits.
How to Apply
Please submit your application using our Online Application Form.
SOWELA is able to offer the camp free of charge thanks to the support of grant funds.
Call (337) 421-6595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the SOWELA iCAMP.