SOWELA is offering a free camp for students entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Seating is limited with spots given on a first come, first serve basis. Children can attend one of the two camp weeks listed below, but not both.
2020 SOWELA iCAMP Schedule
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. daily
- Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day holiday) to Friday, May 29th OR
- Monday, August 3rd to Friday, August 7th
Campers participate in five different experiences, including:
- Drafting – Basic drafting concepts will be introduced along with 3D printing concepts and creation.
- Chemical Laboratory Technology – Experiment with laboratory exercises involving everyday organic compounds.
- Process Technology – Experience Plant and Operational processing using hands-on exercises.
- Instrumentation/Electrical – Explore basic control loop functionality using individual microcontroller kits.
- Culinary Arts – Learn to cook basic recipes while developing a safe and clean kitchen environment.
How to Apply
Please submit your application using our Online Application Form.
SOWELA is able to offer the camp free of charge thanks to the support of grant funds.
Call (337) 421-6595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the SOWELA iCAMP.