Tiger Love Community Services is a program designed to connect students with local community agencies and resources that will help them stay in school.
The Idea – Connect SOWELA students to multiple state and federal government benefits, local community resources, and receive assistance in accessing those benefits.
The Purpose – Ensure students matriculate with guidance, resources, and support to graduation.
The Result – Alumni contributing to the greater good of the Southwest Louisiana community!
The Tiger Love Community Services staff can provide information, referrals, and assistance in the following areas:
- Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Transit Application (opens new window)
- Child Care Assistance Information and Applications
- City of Lake Charles Bus Route Information (opens new window)
- Farmers Market
- Free Legal Clinics
- Free Tax Preparations Workshops
- On-site Tax Preparations
- Health Care Referrals
- Legal Counseling Referrals
- Referrals for Inexpensive Short Term Housing
- SNAP, FITAP, and KCSP Information and Applications
- Student Emergency Scholarship
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Referrals
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- And Much More!
SOWELA is an official Gold Star Community Site for the Department of Children and Family Services Site #101218.
All of our services are free for SOWELA students and their families.