SOWELA’s on-campus pantry was created for students, by the Office of Student Services. Tiger Love provides food assistance and other resources that enhance the community’s overall wellbeing.
No Flying Tiger Goes Hungry
Students, faculty and staff can visit Tiger Love to access food and toiletry items in a free and confidential way. A student or employee ID is required to receive items. No appointment necessary. Simply stop by and meet with a Tiger Love coordinator to determine your food needs.
Fighting food insecurity for college students is a nationwide effort. According to U.S. News & World Report, high prices and changing demographics have helped create a cadre of college students faced with the prospect of going hungry . In an effort to fight back against food insecurity, SOWELA developed Tiger Love.
Would you like to donate?
Make a Monetary Donation
Please visit the SOWELA Foundation’s Give page.
Donate Food Items
Current needs include:
- Individual Packets of Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter
- Tuna/Canned Meats
- Canned Pasta/Prepared Meals
- Pasta Sauce
- Pasta/Mac & Cheese
- Rice (Small bags/Boxes)
- Canned Goods (Soup, Beans, Fruit, Vegetables)
- Potatoes (Instant, Canned Potatoes, Yams)
- Condiments (Salad Dressing, Mayonnaise, etc.)
- Snacks (Granola Bars, Dried Fruit, Crackers, Jello, Pudding, etc.)
- Beverages (Condensed Milk, Juice, etc.)
- Paper Products (Toilet Paper, Napkins, Paper Towels, etc.)
- Personal Care Items (Toothpaste, Deodorant, Shampoo, Soap, etc.)
Location & Hours
Located in the Student Success Center,
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
 Williams, Joseph P. (Feb. 9, 2019) Fighting Food Insecurity on College Campuses. Retried from: https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2019-02-04/a-fight-against-food-insecurity-hunger-on-college-campuses