Tiger Love Community Services is a program designed to connect students with local community agencies and resources that will help them stay in school.
The Idea – Connect SOWELA students to multiple state and federal government benefits, local community resources, and receive assistance in accessing those benefits.
The Purpose – Ensure students matriculate with guidance, resources, and support to graduation.
The Result – Alumni contributing to the greater good of the Southwest Louisiana community!
The Tiger Love Community Services staff can provide information, referrals, and assistance in the following areas:
- Health Care Referrals
- Legal Counseling Referrals
- On-site Tax Preparations
- Tiger Love Food Pantry
- Child Care Assistance Information and Applications
- SNAP, FITAP, and KCSP Information and Applications
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Referrals
- Referrals for Inexpensive Short Term Housing
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- City of Lake Charles Bus Route Information (opens new window)
- Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Transit Application (opens new window)
- Free Legal Clinics
- Free Tax Preparations Workshops
- And Much More!
SOWELA is an official Gold Star Community Site for the Department of Children and Family Services Site #101218.
All of our services are free for SOWELA students and their families.
To schedule an appointment, please use the form below. No walk-in appointments will be allowed for the Spring 2021 semester. Appointments are available at the following times:
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Wednesday: 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM