SOWELA Student Counseling Center
The Student Counseling Center is a confidential and free service available to all students. Our purpose is to help students cope with everyday stressors, mental health issues, dilemmas in their personal development, and/or with painful events in their lives. Our goal is to help make all SOWELA students successful in ways that further their growth and make their experiences more positive.
SOWELA provides the following services to assist students in need of counseling:
- Individual Therapy
- Distance Counseling
- Mental Health Workshops and Forums
- Faculty/Student Disciplinary Consultation
- Referrals for Substance Abuse and Domestic Violence
Click here to access online student referral form(opens new window).
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline(opens new window) – call/text 24 hours, 7 days a week 988
- National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency(open new window) – 24 hours, 7 days a week (800) 622-2255
- The Trevor Project Helpline(opens new window) – 24 hours, 7 days a week (866) 488-7386
Sexual Assault Resources
- Off-Campus – 911; RAINN.org(opens new window) (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
On-Campus Confidential Advisors
- Lamar Salter Site – TBD
- Main Campus – Chase Walling (337) 421-6971
- Morgan Smith Site – TBD
- Oakdale Campus – Magan Soileau (337) 421-6985
Student Success Center, Magnolia Room 106A
In case of emergencies during afterhours, weekends, and holidays, call 911.