As an institution participating in the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund program, SOWELA is disclosing the following information. If you have questions about this information, please contact email@example.com or call 337-421-6545.
- SOWELA Technical Community College has signed and returned the CARES Act Certification and Agreement form to the U.S. Department of Education. Through this agreement, SOWELA has agreed to provide at least 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to our students.
- Pursuant to SOWELA’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students, the college has received $1,246,692.
- As of May 11, 2020, SOWELA distributed $1,246,692 in CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to eligible students.
- 1729 students are eligible for funding under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and are thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant for students under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act is 1729.
- The student eligibility requirements for this funding are described in this guide (PDF).
- For more information regarding the CARES Act Emergency Grant for students please review this FAQ (PDF).
- Email Sent to CARES ACT Eligible Students (PDF).
- This is the final posting that covers all HEERF fund expenditures for Section 18004(a)(1) Student Portion funds.