In partnership with SWLA Center for Health Services (opens new window), SOWELA offers an on-campus medical clinic staffed by a nurse practitioner at its Main Campus in Lake Charles. The Health Center is available to students, faculty, and staff at all three locations only.
The Health Center accepts Medicaid, Medicare, and all commercial insurance. However, you will not be turned away regardless of insurance or financial status.
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Entrance facing Senator J. Bennett Johnston Ave.
What to bring to your visit?
- Photo ID
- Verification of the number of household members
- Proof of income
- Preventive Screenings (i.e., BMI, Depression, Tobacco, etc.)
- STD/HIV Screenings
- Annual Wellness Visits
- Chronic Disease Management
- Physical Exams
- Assessment of Acute Illness (i.e., Flu, UTI, Common Cold, Upper Respiratory)
- Pap Smears
- Breast Exams
- Urine Pregnancy Test (UPT)
- Urine Analysis (UA)
- Drug Screen
- Blood Glucose
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Rapid Flu
- Rapid Strep
Discounted medications are also available.
For more information, visit SWLA Center for Health Services’ website (opens new window) or call (337) 439-9983.