SOWELA’s on-campus pantry was created for students, by the Office of Student Services. Tiger Love provides food assistance and other resources that enhance the community’s overall wellbeing.
No Flying Tiger Goes Hungry
Students, faculty and staff can visit Tiger Love to access food and toiletry items in a free and confidential way. A current student or employee ID is required to receive items. Currently, we are located in the Sycamore Student Center and can meet based on appointments.
Fighting food insecurity for college students is a nationwide effort. According to U.S. News & World Report, high prices and changing demographics have helped create a cadre of college students faced with the prospect of going hungry . In an effort to fight back against food insecurity, SOWELA developed Tiger Love.
Would you like to donate?
Make a Monetary Donation
Please visit the SOWELA Foundation’s Give page.
Donate Food Items
Current needs include:
- Individual Packets of Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter
- Tuna/Canned Meats
- Canned Pasta/Prepared Meals
- Pasta Sauce
- Pasta/Mac & Cheese
- Rice (Small bags/Boxes)
- Canned Goods (Soup, Beans, Fruit, Vegetables)
- Potatoes (Instant, Canned Potatoes, Yams)
- Condiments (Salad Dressing, Mayonnaise, etc.)
- Snacks (Granola Bars, Dried Fruit, Crackers, Jello, Pudding, etc.)
- Beverages (Condensed Milk, Juice, etc.)
- Paper Products (Toilet Paper, Napkins, Paper Towels, etc.)
- Personal Care Items (Toothpaste, Deodorant, Shampoo, Soap, etc.)
Food Pantry Pick-Up
In an effort to assist our currently enrolled students during this time, we are asking that you complete the below information to assist us with tailoring a Tiger Love food gift for you. We have incorporated a form to assist us with helping our students.
Currently, we have prepackaged bags of food, but if you are also requesting hygiene products, please select other and we will provide those upon request. Once we receive your request, we will email you to setup a pickup time.
A few reminders/tips for receiving services:
- Students must complete the form 24 hours prior to pick up.
- Please have your current Student ID available when you arrive.
This form MUST be completed each week for updated services. We will assist currently enrolled students while our supplies last.
Be safe and stay well,
Office of Student Services
 Williams, Joseph P. (Feb. 9, 2019) Fighting Food Insecurity on College Campuses. Retrieved from: https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2019-02-04/a-fight-against-food-insecurity-hunger-on-college-campuses (opens new window)