Welcome to SOWELA Technical Community College!
If you are a new student seeking services or accommodations, we look forward to assisting you. Our office serves as a resource and an advocate for students with disabilities to ensure an equal access learning environment.
Students interested in applying for accommodations should complete the three steps listed below:
Step 1: Review the Intake Packet, complete, and submit:
Forms in Intake Packet:
- Intake Assessment form (online form below)
- Voter Declaration Online form
- Voter Registration form (if applicable) (PDF)
Step 2: Obtain appropriate and relevant documentation of disability:
- Review the Learning Disability Documentation Guidelines (PDF)
- ote that an IEP and/or 504 Plan may not be sufficient documentation to establish eligibility, but may be included.
- Documentation that is not current but otherwise meets college guidelines may be eligible for provisional/temporary accommodations while student seeks re-evaluation.
Step 3: Schedule an intake appointment with a Disability Services staff member:
- Students taking online classes and/or attending classes at one of our instructional sites can schedule an appointment via phone or email to discuss necessary accommodations.
Christine Collins – Director of Student Services
(337) 421-6969 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cicely Williams – Counseling Services
(337) 421-6971 email@example.com