Twice a year (May and December), SOWELA holds a commencement ceremony to recognize the students who have completed either an Associate’s Degree or Technical Diploma during the previous summer, fall, and spring semesters.
SOWELA will be hosting Spring 2023 Commencement at 6:30 PM on Thursday, June 1, 2023 at the Lake Charles Civic Center Coliseum.
Any money owed to the College must be paid before students can receive their diplomas and transcripts verifying graduation. Also, students who have holds on their accounts must have these cleared in order to receive diplomas and transcripts.
Students should apply for graduation no later than the following deadline.
- Spring 2023 – Friday, May 26, 2023
To submit a graduation application, please follow the steps below.
- Complete Degree Review with Program Coordinator or Dean and Apply to Graduate
- Schedule an appointment with your Program Coordinator or Dean prior to the close of Add/Drop of your last semester at SOWELA to verify that you meet the degree requirements. Eligible candidates should then go to their LoLA account under Student, Academic Profile, Apply to Graduate and complete the application for graduation.
- If you applied in a previous term but did not graduate, you must apply again for this term.
- Order Cap & Gown and other Graduation Memorabilia
- Caps, gowns, and memorabilia will be available at Grad Fest on Tuesday, March 21. More information will be sent to graduating students soon.
- Caps and gowns may be purchased through the SOWELA Bookstore after Grad Fest by students who are unable to participate in Grad Fest.
If you have any questions regarding either your candidacy for graduation or the commencement ceremony, please contact the Graduation Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.