To support student and faculty success through access services to current resources, information literacy training, and state-of-the-art technology.
Library Advisory Committee
|Director of Library Service||Mary Frances Sherwood|
|School of Arts and Sciences||Dr. Bridget Whelan|
|School of Business and Applied Technology||Dr. Marie Coleman|
|School of Industrial Technology||Douglas VanDyke|
|School of Nursing and Allied Health||Bethanie Pete|
|Manager of Instructional Technology (eLearning)||Roy Bertucci|
|Ex-officio Member||Dr. Paula Hellums|
|Student Government Association Representative|
The Library Advisory Committee convened in fall 2008.
- To provide user input to the Director of Library Services on issues pertaining to library policies, procedures, services, resources, and facilities.
- To act as a liaison between the Library and Learning Resource Center (LLRC) and its users.
- To serve as an advocate for the LLRC by promoting and disseminating information about library services and resources.
- To execute the Media Services Plan and Plan for Evaluation of Media Services. This includes updating departmental media inventories, and processing the annual media evaluation survey.
The Library and Media Services Advisory Committee shall be an institutional committee with campus-wide representation, including faculty, staff and students. The Committee will consist of the following members or their representatives:
- Director of Library Services and Librarians
- One faculty representative from each academic department
- One staff representative
- Distance Learning Coordinator
- President of the Student Government Association or other SGA representative
Eligible students may work for the SOWELA library as student workers. The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) is an award from federal and state funds that allow a student to earn money to meet educational expenses. Students will be paid at least the federal minimum wage and can work 10 to 20 hours per week. To apply, please contact the Financial Aid office.
LAKE CHARLES CAMPUS
- Monday – Thursday: 7:45 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 7:45 AM – 4:15 PM
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- EBSCOHost eBooks (opens new window)
- Films on Demand (opens new window)
- Periodicals Listed by Discipline (opens new window)
- Tutorials and Guides
SOWELA Students may request a free LOUIS card in the library. The card allows students to check out material from participating academic libraries (opens new window) in the state.
2000 Merganser Street
Lake Charles, LA 70616
(337) 421 – 6530
Main Campus Library
Library Circulation Desk
Mary Frances Sherwood
Technical Services Librarian
Jennings/Morgan Smith Library
(337) 824-4811, ext 4656