The SOWELA Student Mentor Program is designed to assist new students who are nervous about starting college and worry about struggling academically. The goal is for Mentees to gain a greater understanding of how to succeed in college and beyond. The program focuses on introducing students to college resources while supporting them as they progress during their first year at SOWELA.
Establish a relationship with selected mentees and help them transition into the academic and social climate of
- Provide ongoing advice and counsel throughout the first year
- Share knowledge of SOWELA policies, procedures, and opportunities
- Listen to student concerns and guide them to the appropriate resources
Please complete the appropriate form if you are interested in the SOWELA Student Mentor Program.
- Are you a student interested in receiving assistance from a mentor? Please fill out this Student Mentee Application (opens new window).
- Are you a student interested in providing mentoring to a peer? Please fill out this Student Mentor Application (opens new window).
- Are you a faculty or staff member interested in providing mentoring to a student? Please fill out this Faculty/Staff Mentor Application (opens new window).
For more information on the Student Mentor Program, contact Jennifer Powers at email@example.com.