The Office of Career Planning and Placement’s mission is to educate and support individuals in the process of career self-reliance in life planning.
SOWELA’s Career Services Office offers innovative and informative job placement services to our students. One of those services is our online job bank (www.collegecentral.com/Sowela (opens new window)).
- To access the job bank, you must enter your student ID as your username and then click “forgot password.”
- Services are available to students, alumni, and employers.
- Approved employers may post jobs and search resumes.
- All services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- After you register to the site, it is very important that you CHECK YOUR EMAIL daily for alerts and announcements from the Career Planning & Placement Coordinator regarding job openings, career fairs, workshops, etc.
Other great career services offered to SOWELA students:
- Career Coach website (opens new window)
- Resume tips
- Job interview
- Career fair
- On Campus Student Employment – Federal Work-Study Program
The Career Planning & Placement office is located in the Magnolia Building in the Student Success Center.
Joseph W. Lavergne
Director of Recruitment and
Career Planning and Placement
SOWELA does not guarantee job placement, however, the office staff will do their very best to assist students with job placement needs!