|Student's Fiscal Responsibility |
By enrolling in classes at SOWELA Technical Community College, the student makes a financial commitment to pay the tuition |
and fee charges associated with that enrollment. The enrollment action constitutes a financial obligation between the student
The following terms and conditions are financial requirements of each student’s education related to their registration for a term at SOWELA Technical Community College. The payment of tuition and fees is the obligation of the student. By processing a course registration a student acknowledges they have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Registration constitutes a financial agreement between you ("Student”) and SOWELA Technical Community College. Tuition, fees and other charges you incur, including but not limited to testing charges, course specific fees, fines, and bookstore charges ("Charges”), shall be added to your student account.
- Once you formally register for classes, you assume the responsibility for understanding SOWELA's official policies concerning schedule changes, satisfactory academic progress, and the financial policies of the College as described in the current SOWELA Technical Community Catalog and Student Handbook.
- Charges left unpaid for prior terms may result in dis-enrollment from your current term/courses unless payment arrangements are made prior to payment deadlines.
- Withholding of services: If you have any outstanding obligations with any college in the Louisiana Technical and Community College System, SOWELA reserves the right to withhold future services including but not limited to registration, transcript requests, diploma, use of university facilities, and other services as deemed appropriate.
- Students withdrawing after the stated refund dates remain liable for full tuition and fee charges.
- In the event the student becomes delinquent in paying Charges or defaults in repaying Charges the debts may be transferred to the State of Louisiana Attorney General’s Office, or another outside collection agency, for collection.
- If SOWELA Technical Community College prevails in a lawsuit to collect on this financial obligation, Student will pay SOWELA's court costs, collection agency costs, and attorney's fees in an amount the court finds to be reasonable.
- Collection costs incurred in the event of delinquency shall be at the expense of the Student.
- SOWELA accepts payment via student financial aid and third party sponsorship, but the responsibility for payment remains with the student. It is your responsibility to keep track of your account balance and any funding sources. If financial aid is not granted or if third party sponsors do not pay within a reasonable period, the student will be required to pay the full
- You consent to receive email notifications to your @sowela.edu email address of the availability of an E–Bill (Electronic Billing Statement) and consent to review billing statement information on SOWELA Web Payment System.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check his/her SOWELA student email daily and maintain a current postal address to ensure receipt of all College correspondence.