Intramural sports are offered to SOWELA students through McNeese State University as a fun way for students to stay active, unwind from academic life, and build lifelong relationships. These extracurricular skills help to develop teamwork, communication, and leadership skills. Participation in intramural sports has been developed to provide students with the opportunity to engage recreationally as well as socially outside of the classroom.
Want to join the fun? Find out more (opens new window) about the sports offered.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Intramural Sports?
- Intramural Sports are activities programmed by Recreational Services to provide recreational opportunities in a fun, yet somewhat-competitive atmosphere, for students. They offer leagues and events for the athlete who wants some competition and also leagues and events for those who just want to play for fun and a good workout. Whether you have played sports all your life, or have never played any sport at all, they have something for you to enjoy.
- Who can participate in Intramural Sports?
- Intramural sports are open to all SOWELA students enrolled in classes for the current semester.
- How do I form a team and how do teams register?
- Self-made teams are formed and a manager is assigned. Teams or individuals then compete against other teams or individuals. Divisions may be Men’s, Women’s, or Co-ed. To register for Intramural Sports please visit the 2nd floor of the Recreational Complex at McNeese State University.
- Do I have to pay a fee to participate in Intramural Sports?
- SOWELA will cover the cost of membership fees for all students participating in the Intramural Sports program.
- What sports are offered?
- Flag football
- Racquet ball
- Ping pong
- Indoor Soccer
- Spike Ball
- Ultimate Frisbee
- What if I want to know more?