The Process Technology (PTEC) Fast Track program is designed to help those with an Associate’s degree or higher attain the Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Process Technology within as little as one semester.
- The program is 16 weeks in length and takes place from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The program cost (which includes tuition and fees) is approximately $7,186.40*. The cost of books is approximately $1,100 if purchased new; however, books may be rented or purchased used.
The PTEC Fast Track program includes all of the Process Technology courses required for the AAS degree. Upon successful completion of all the courses offered in the program, the student will have earned 38 college credits toward their degree (60 credit hours total).
* The costs of the program are approximate costs and do not reflect any tuition increases that may occur but will remain consistent with the cost of tuition and fees at SOWELA Technical Community College.
- Must meet admission requirements as outlined in the College Student Catalog and Handbook
- Must have an Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 from the most recent or highest degree earned
- Military and industrial experience preferred as well as evidence of mechanical aptitude
- Must have successfully completed or be enrolled in the remaining General Education courses required (22 hrs.) for the AAS degree in the semester prior to entering the program
To successfully complete the Process Technology Fast Track program, students must meet SOWELA Technical Community College’s requirements for graduation.