To be considered for admission to the Surgical Technology program, all applicants must:
- Successfully met all requirements for admittance AND completed the application process to enroll at SOWELA Technical and Community College. See college admission requirements and new student checklist for information.
- Enrollment in the college does not guarantee admittance into the Surgical Technology Program. Admission is competitive and based on cumulative GPA, meeting all application deadlines, and a rubric which will be provided in the program application.
- Students will be advised on the declared major they will be enrolling under by their Enrollment Specialists in Admissions. The student can only transfer to the Surgical Technology AAS Major by filing the correct forms in the ADMISSIONS department and when they have:
- Been officially admitted into the program.
- Attended a mandatory program orientation, and been allowed by the program faculty to schedule the first semester of core course, s STEC 1000/1010 courses.
- Provide a high school or a GED equivalent official transcript as well as any previous college transcripts to your Admissions Department Enrollment Specialist. Retain copies of your unofficial transcripts in case submission to the Program Faculty is necessary during the admission process.
- Take a SOWELA placement test (Nex Gen ACUPLACER) or submit official scores from ACT or SAT test. Scores must meet the minimum required test score to enter an AAS degree program and be at least less than 10 years old.