To be considered for admission to the Practical Nursing program, all applicants must:
- Submit a completed application to the College prior to the published deadline.
- Provide a high school or a GED equivalent official transcript.
- Complete the admission testing with a minimum or greater score in reading, math, and English.
- Provide a certified copy of their birth certificate.
- Provide proof of immunization. As required by Louisiana R.S.17:110: All first-time students born after 1956 must provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, and tetanus – diphtheria as a condition of enrollment. Vaccination for Meningococcal Meningitis for first-time students is required according to Acts 251 and 711 of 2006 Regular LA Legislative Session. Forms are provided to students at orientation to be completed by the physician/health unit. Students will not be allowed to complete the registration process until they have satisfied the immunization requirements. A waiver may be signed by the student; however, in the event of an outbreak of measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, or diphtheria on campus, the College will require students who are not immunized to stop attending classes until the outbreak is over or until they submit proof of adequate immunization.
- Provide proof of Selective Service status. In accordance with the requirements of Louisiana Law R.S.17:3151 and the Federal Selective Service Act, male applicants who are between the ages of 18 and 25 must provide written evidence that they have registered with Selective Service before they will be allowed to register for classes. Acceptable documentation may be a copy of the applicant’s Selective Service Registration card or a printout from the Selective Service website indicating the applicant’s status.