Louisiana State Board of Nursing Explanation of Application to Nursing Clinical Courses and Reasons for Denial or Delay of Approval
- All applications for nursing clinical courses are submitted online after acceptance into SOWELA’s ASN or LPN to RN Program. This includes permission to perform a FBI background check.
- Students must set up an account through the LSBN Portal after SOWELA submits a list of accepted students to the Board.
- Incomplete applications or errors in payment to the Board may result in the delay of approval and jeopardize the student’s seat in the class.
- All crimes including misdemeanors and felonies must be reported to the Board whether charges were dismissed, record was expunged, or student was found not guilty. This includes any charges at any age and whether the records were closed.
- Students are required to submit all documents related to any charges along with a typed explanation of the incident at the time of application.
- Student applications with misdemeanor or felony charges are sent directly to the investigations department within LSBN.
- Depending on the length of time it takes to investigate past charges; student approval may be delayed and jeopardize the seat in the class.
- It is the student’s responsibility to follow the instructions for application carefully to avoid any delay in approval.
- It is also the student’s responsibility to communicate with LSBN with any issues concerning the application.