Testing Rules and Procedures
The SOWELA Testing Center is proctored at all times. The proctor sits at a desk in the front of the Testing Center with full view of the entire testing center. The proctor will regularly walk through the center to assure appropriate conduct and maintain the integrity of the testing environment.
Rules of Conduct
- Arrive to the testing center at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled testing time.
- Testing parking is available in either the visitor or student parking areas.
- Parking passes are administered the day of testing.
- Parking in faculty/staff, fire zones, or handicapped parking areas without the appropriate credentials is prohibited.
- All examinees must sign-in and present photo identification in order to enter the testing room.
- Only authorized testing materials are permitted in the examinee’s possession inside the testing room.
- No cell phones, pagers, or any other electronic devices are allowed in the testing room.
- The alarming of a non-medical electronic device inside the testing room will result in the forfeiture of testing fees and the canceling of scores.
- No talking or other forms of communication are permitted in the testing room.
- Scratch paper and any other testing materials cannot be taken out of the Testing Center.
- Personal items brought to the testing center must either be placed in locker or on the floor contingent upon the rules and procedure for that specific test.
- An examinee must notify testing center staff if they need to leave the Testing Center during a test.
- Only students who are testing are allowed in the Testing Center.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Testing Center computers are only available for testing purposes.
- No graphing calculators are allowed inside the Testing Center.
- Completed paper exams must be handed into the testing center staff and cannot be reviewed or re-examined in the Testing Center.
SOWELA Technical Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies:
To learn more about the College’s ADA policy and how to access ADA services, see the Disability Services page. Students are encouraged to visit the Student Success Center in the Magnolia Building or call (337) 421-6576.