|ACCUPLACER Placement Test: "Is it Pass or Fail?”|
- The placement test is not pass or fail. Test scores are used for advising and placement purposes only.
|How long are ACCUPLACER and ACT scores valid at SOWELA?|
|Do I have to take the SOWELA Placement Test if I have ACT or SAT scores?|
- No, you are not required to take the SOWELA Placement test if you have taken the ACT or SAT within the last three years.
|What if I don’t get the score needed the first time?|
- Students may retest one time in each subject area before they must take the class they have tested into.
- Students may not retest multiple times per day.
|Where can I find information to prepare for the ACCUPLACER test?|
- Download and/or print a free study guide at the following link:
- Students need only to pay attention to the Elementary Algebra and College Level Math, Reading, and Sentence Skills practice questions.
- Additional links that students have found helpful when preparing for the ACCUPLACER test:
|Are there any study guides or websites to prepare specifically for Math?|
|What if I’m late or miss my scheduled time to take a test?|
- The SOWELA Testing Center offers various times and days to take the placement tests. If you are late and testing has begun for your scheduled time, you may reschedule to take the test on another day. (There are instances on the day you are late, where you may be able to wait for a slot to become available in the Testing Center by adding your name to the waiting list.)
- Test fees are non-refundable and rescheduling to take a missed exam will require a new registration and payment of fees online for credit card payments. Rescheduling for non-credit card payments must be made at the Business Office.
|Does the Testing Center have evening hours?|
- Yes, the Testing Center does have evening hours. This information can be accessed on the Pay Online and Schedule a Time to Take the Test link.
- You will need to arrive no later than 4:45 p.m. If you arrive after 5:00 p.m., you will not be allowed to enter the testing center and will need to arrive on the next scheduled day.
- If you have not prepaid by using SOWELA's online services, you will need to allow time before the test begins to go to the Administrative Building and pay the testing fee.
|What are the Testing Center hours?|
- ACCUPLACER Placement Testing
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m and 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 11:00 a.m.
- Evening Testing - 5:00 p.m.: Visit the Pay Online and Schedule a Time to Take the Test link to find out when the evening testing is scheduled. (Note: Students are to arrive no later than 4:45 p.m.)
- Cash payments: Students are to arrive at the Business Office by no later than 4:45 p.m. for cash payments in order to test on the same day. Paying and testing on the same day depends on seat availability in the Testing Center.
- HiSET GED/Pearson VUE Testing
- Visit the HiSET Website for information on scheduling and taking the exam at SOWELA.
- Visit the Pearson Vue Website for information on scheduling.
|Do I need computer skills?|
- You need only basic computer skills to complete the ACCUPLACER test. It is a computerized assessment, so you will need to use a computer mouse. The program is very user-friendly, but if you need assistance, staff is available to help.
|Where should I park?|
- Anyone visiting SOWELA's campus to take an exam at the Testing Center will park in the designated visitor parking (see Campus Map). The Testing Center Coordinator will provide test takers with a "parking tag” to be placed on the dash of their vehicle during testing times.
|If I have additional questions, who should I contact?|
- Please contact, the Testing Center at (337) 421-6580 or (337) 421-6967. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.