Payment Methods Accepted in Person/Mail – Student Cashier Center
- Personal Checks, Cashier’s Checks, Traveler’s Checks, Money Order, or Cash
- Credit/Debit Cards are no longer accepted as a form of payment in person or via phone.
- You may pay in person in the One Stop Center located in the Sycamore Building with check, traveler’s check, money order, or cash. You may also pay at the front offices in Jennings at the Morgan Smith Campus or in Oakdale at the Oakdale campus. Please bring current Student ID.
- Payments by mail must be received 48 hours before an established payment deadline and should include the student’s ID number to ensure proper credit of payment.
- Please do not mail cash or traveler’s checks.
Payment Methods Accepted – Online Payment Gateway (PDF)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover Cards are accepted forms of payment via CashNet.
When choosing this option, a non-refundable 2.75% Convenience Fee will be charged for each transaction processed.
- E-Check or E-Savings
The Online Payment Gateway will accept payments through Electronic Check or Savings and is free of charge.
Returned Check/Credit Card
- All returned checks and/or credit card charge backs due to insufficient funds, unauthorized use, cancelled card or fraud will be assessed a $25 fee on the student’s account and the associated payment will be reversed. If the payment made by the student or on his behalf is returned, that student may forfeit all check writing/EFT privileges with SOWELA in the future. Payment by cash, cashier’s check, or money order may be required. Only in the case of a bank or card issuer error will the returned check/credit card charge back penalties be removed. After the College has exhausted its attempts to notify the student, failure to repay the balance due will subject the student to an administrative withdrawal from classes, and his/her account will be submitted to the Attorney General’s Office for collection. Students are responsible for all related costs (collection/attorney fees in the amount of 33 and one-third percent of the principal, interest, late fees, and related court cost).
Tuition Payment Plan “The Plan”
- SOWELA has an established contract with a third-party vendor, CashNet, to provide a payment plan (“The Plan”) for students (formerly offered directly by SOWELA as a “deferment plan”). To participate in The Plan, students must enroll in a full fall, spring, or summer semester at SOWELA Technical Community College. The Plan allows students to pay for tuition and fees through monthly installment payments throughout the semester. The number of monthly installments is determined by the date of enrollment and the final payment due date. Please refer to the current academic calendar for the most accurate information regarding final payment due dates.
- A one-time, non-refundable fee of $30.00 will be charged upon enrollment in The Plan and is set by and paid directly to the vendor. The first installment (down payment) is due at the time of enrollment. If any installment payment is not received within 15 calendar days after its due date, a late fee of $10.00 will be assessed by the vendor. Please note that declined attempts for credit card or ACH charges or returned checks may also result in late fees if a valid payment is not received by the due date.
For more information or to enroll in The Plan, select “Payment Options” or “Make a Payment” link on the student’s LoLA (opens new window) account or contact the One Stop Center.