To be fully admitted to the College, transfer students are not required to submit an official transcript(s) from any previous institution(s) of higher education that they have attended. However, to receive transfer credit, students must submit official transcripts from any previously attended college from which they wish to transfer courses. Transcripts become property of SOWELA and part of the permanent student record. Decisions regarding the award of transfer credit will be determined as quickly as possible once the official transcript(s) is received.
- Transfer credit is generally accepted from institutions that are accredited through recognized agencies. Transfers from other institutions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Students may be required to provide course descriptions and course syllabi to determine transfer credit eligibility.
- Conversion from quarter hours to semester hours and conversion to a four-point grading scale will be made as needed.
- Course content, prerequisites, and level of instruction will be reviewed.
- Only grades of “C” or better will be considered for transfer credit.
- No credit toward graduation will be given for remedial or developmental courses.
- No credit will be given for courses taken at other institutions while under suspension from SOWELA.
- Application of transfer credit toward the completion of program requirements will be determined by the student’s academic department.
- Transfer students must meet all criteria for graduation as stated in the catalog.