New Student Orientation will help incoming students feel connected to SOWELA, faculty, staff, and other students while creating a welcoming atmosphere that builds a sense of community among the incoming class. Orientation will provide new students with academic program expectations. New students will be made aware of the resources and services available to assist with their academic, personal and professional growth.
All new, full-time students are expected to attend one of the orientation sessions. Due to social distancing, we ask that you attend without a guest. Students are welcome to attend any of the on-site new student orientations in Lake Charles, Jennings, or Oakdale. Please register for the orientation date, time, and location that works best for you. If you need to coordinate transportation or childcare, please plan on being at orientation at least 2.5 hours.
If you are attending orientation at the Lake Charles campus, please report to the Sycamore Student Center to check-in (building #7 on the Campus Map). Students may park in the parking lot directly in front of the building.
If you are attending orientation at the Jennings/Morgan Smith or Oakdale site, please park in the parking lot and check-in at the front of the building.
Check-in will begin thirty minutes before the scheduled orientation.
Summer Orientation Schedule – Classes begin Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- Session 1 – Wednesday, May 18 at 10:00 AM
- Session 2 – Thursday, May 26 at 2:00 PM
Fall Orientation Schedule – Classes begin Monday, August 15, 2022
- Session 1 – Wednesday, July 6 at 2:00 PM
- Session 2 – Thursday, July 14 at 10:00 AM
- Session 3 – Tuesday, July 19 at 4:00 PM
- Section 4 – Wednesday, July 27 at 10:00 AM
- Session 5 – Wednesday, August 3 at 10:00 AM
- Session 6 – Thursday, August 4 at 5:30 PM
- Session 7 – Thursday, August 11 at 4:00 PM
- Oakdale – Wednesday, August 3 at 10:00 AM
- Jennings – Thursday, August 4 at 10:00 AM
- Leesville – TBD