SOWELA’s Online Orientation through CANVAS is designed to help students become more familiar with the tools needed to succeed and to help facilitate transition and integration into the college learning environment.
Completing Online Orientation is now a requirement for all new students before attending face-to-face orientation.
Please follow these easy steps to complete online orientation.
- Login to CANVAS Orientation account using your LoLA username and password.
- If you have not set up your LoLA account, you will need to do so before you will be able to login to CANVAS.
- Set up your LoLA account as soon as possible.
- If you have already set up your LoLA account, you can get started.
- Once logged in, you will see the orientation titled GENERAL ORIENTATION (SOWELA).
- Click on the course module and begin!
- Please watch all videos associated with the orientation module following the steps shown.
SOWELA’s face-to-face Orientation is designed to help students become more familiar with the tools needed to succeed and to help facilitate transition and integration into the college learning environment.
By participating in SOWELA’s orientation students will …
- Learn what it means to be a student at SOWELA Technical Community College and to be a part of this unique and innovative community.
- Be more familiar with the academic and student support resources that are available to help students succeed.
- Feel more comfortable with campus processes such as admissions, registration, placement exams, financial aid, and payment of tuition and fees.
- Learn more about campus life outside of class.
- Feel more confident about your transition to SOWELA Technical Community College.
Click on the icon below to schedule a date for new student orientation for the Spring 2018 semester.
If you have any questions or need assistance with scheduling your orientation, please email email@example.com or call (337) 421-6967.