SOWELA Testing Center
The SOWELA Testing Center provides students with a testing environment where tests are administered accurately and securely.
The SOWELA Testing Center is committed to…
- Providing testing services that meet the needs of the college and community.
- Maintaining the highest compliance with nationally recognized professional testing standards.
- Creating an optimal testing environment.
The Testing Center is located at 3824 Sen. J. Bennett Johnston Avenue in the Sycamore Student Center. Visitor parking is located East of the building, and the entrance to the Testing Center is located on the West side of the building. Click the following link to view the Campus Map.
Until further notice, SOWELA Testing Centers will enforce social distancing and will require every student reporting for testing to:
- Wear a face mask for the duration of your time on a campus/site. Students may bring their own mask. SOWELA will provide a mask upon entry for any student that does not have their own.
- Complete a COVID-19 Self-Screening Tool (provided to student upon arrival).
- Leave all personal items, with the exception of a picture ID, in your vehicle if possible. If personal items must be brought into the Testing Center, a place to store them will be available.
- Information on Testing Center mask requirement (opens new window).
The links in the table below provide more information on the types of tests administered by SOWELA’s Testing Center. Some of these exams can be scheduled by clicking Exam Registration (opens new window).
Testing Rules & Procedures
Testing Scheduling and Fees
ACCUPLACER Retesting Guidelines
Practical Nursing Testing Policy
Testing Center Weather Policy and Campus Closures
Frequently Asked Questions
ACCUPLACER Testing Fee Waiver Application (PDF)
Credit By Examination Policy (PDF)
Placement Test Score Sheet (PDF)
|New Placement Test – Next Generation ACCUPLACER||College Level Examination Program (CLEP)|
|American College Testing (ACT) (opens new window)||Certiport|
|ACCUPLACER||GED & ETS-HiSET
(High School Equivalency Assessments)
|ACT WorkKeys||Louisiana State Board of Contractors (LSBC)|
|Advanced (AP) Placement Testing (PDF)||Pearson Vue|
|Correspondence/Proctored Testing||Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (opens new window)|
|New Remote TEAS Test Option||Nursing Fundamentals Exam|
|ACCUPLACER – Remote Test|
Randall Guidry, Testing Center Proctor – (337) 421-6973
Note: It is SOWELA’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities. For more information regarding disability services, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.