IMPORTANT TESTING CENTER UPDATES (November 2020)
Please continue to monitor this page for all updates.
SOWELA’s Testing Centers will begin to reopen on campus testing starting in November. Please check the RegisterBlast schedule for dates and times of tests (opens new window) offered on campus.
SOWELA has partnered with Examity, Inc. to enable our students to take the ACCUPLACER test remotely. ACCUPLACER remote testing can be done at home on your personal computer.
- It is imperative that prior to scheduling for this option, you check the necessary computer requirements on Examity’s website (opens new window) to ensure that your computer is compatible.
- After determining you have the correct computer requirements, you will need to pay for a remote voucher by visiting the RegisterBlast website (opens new window) and following the steps below:
- Choose a Group- ACCUPLACER Examity
- Choose an Exam – Select Your Exam
- Fill out your information and payment
- 1 section = $11.50
- 2 sections = $18.50
- 3 sections = $25.50
Once you receive your voucher, you will then need to set up your appointment for your ACCUPLACER test on Examity’s website (opens new window).
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
SOWELA Testing Center
The SOWELA Testing Center provides students with a testing environment where tests are administered accurately and securely.
- Providing testing services that meet the needs of the college and community.
- Maintaining the highest compliance with nationally recognized professional testing standards.
- Creating an optimal testing environment.
The Testing Center is located at 3824 Sen. J. Bennett Johnston Avenue in the Sycamore Student Center. Visitor parking is located East of the building, and the entrance to the Testing Center is located on the West side of the building. Click the following link to view the Campus Map.
Until further notice, SOWELA Testing Centers will enforce social distancing and will require every student reporting for testing to:
- Wear a face mask for the duration of your time on a campus/site. Students may bring their own mask. SOWELA will provide a mask upon entry for any student that does not have their own.
- Complete a COVID-19 Self-Screening Tool (provided to student upon arrival).
- Leave all personal items, with the exception of a picture ID, in your vehicle if possible. If personal items must be brought into the Testing Center, a place to store them will be available.
- Information on Testing Center mask requirement (opens new window).
The links in the table below provide more information on the types of tests administered by SOWELA’s Testing Center. Some of these exams can be scheduled by clicking Exam Registration (opens new window).
Testing Rules & Procedures
Testing Scheduling and Fees
ACCUPLACER Retesting Guidelines
Practical Nursing Testing Policy
Testing Center Weather Policy and Campus Closures
Frequently Asked Questions
ACCUPLACER Testing Fee Waiver Application (PDF)
Credit By Examination Policy (PDF)
Placement Test Score Sheet (PDF)
|New Placement Test – Next Generation ACCUPLACER||College Level Examination Program (CLEP)|
|American College Testing (ACT) (opens new window)||Certiport|
||GED & ETS-HiSET
(High School Equivalency Assessments)
|ACT WorkKeys||Louisiana State Board of Contractors (LSBC)|
|Advanced (AP) Placement Testing (PDF)
||Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (opens new window)|
|New Remote TEAS Test Option||Nursing Fundamentals Exam|
|Accuplacer – Remote Test|
Randall Guidry, Testing Center Proctor – (337) 421-6973