IMPORTANT TESTING CENTER UPDATES (June 2020)
Please continue to monitor this page for all updates. The next update regarding Testing Center capacity and test availability will be made closer to the beginning of July 2020.
SOWELA’s Testing Centers (Lake Charles Campus and Oakdale site) will re-open at partial capacity, and with limited test offerings, beginning the week of June 8th, 2020.
Monday and Wednesday – HiSET computer-based test at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday and Thursday – ACCUPLACER at 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday – ACCUPLACER at 9 a.m.
SOWELA’s Testing Center (Morgan Smith/Jennings site) will re-open at partial capacity, and with limited test offerings, beginning the week of June 16th, 2020.
Tuesday – ACCUPLACER at 8:30 a.m.
- Wear a face mask for the duration of your time on a campus/site. Students may bring their own mask. SOWELA will provide a mask upon entry for any student that does not have their own.
- Complete a COVID-19 Self-Screening Tool (provided to student upon arrival).
- Leave all personal items, with the exception of a picture ID, in your vehicle if possible. If personal items must be brought into the Testing Center, a place to store them will be available.
- Information on Testing Center mask requirement.
SOWELA has partnered with Examity, Inc. to enable our students to take the ACCUPLACER test remotely. ACCUPLACER remote testing can be done at home on your personal computer.
- It is imperative that prior to scheduling for this option, you check the necessary computer requirements on Examity’s website (opens new window) to ensure that your computer is compatible.
- After determining you have the correct computer requirements, you will need to pay for a remote voucher by visiting the RegisterBlast website (opens new window) and following the steps below:
- Choose a Group- ACCUPLACER Examity
- Choose an Exam – Select Your Exam
- Fill out your information and payment
- 1 section = $11.50
- 2 sections = $18.50
- 3 sections = $25.50
After you have paid for your remote voucher, the SOWELA testing center will send you an email containing your credentials within 1-3 business days.
Once you receive your credentials, you will then need to set up your appointment for your ACCUPLACER test on Examity’s website (opens new window).
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
The SOWELA Testing Center provides students with a testing environment where tests are administered accurately and securely.
- Providing testing services that meet the needs of the college and community.
- Maintaining the highest compliance with nationally recognized professional testing standards.
- Creating an optimal testing environment.
The Testing Center is located at 3824 Sen. J. Bennett Johnston Avenue in the Sycamore Student Center. Visitor parking is located East of the building, and the entrance to the Testing Center is located on the West side of the building. Click the following link to view the Campus Map.
The links in the table below provide more information on the types of tests administered by SOWELA’s Testing Center. Some of these exams can be scheduled by clicking Exam Registration (opens new window).
Practical Nursing Testing Policy
Testing Center Weather Policy and Campus Closures
Frequently Asked Questions
ACCUPLACER Testing Fee Waiver Application (PDF)
Credit By Examination Policy (PDF)
Placement Test Score Sheet (PDF)
|New Placement Test – Next Generation ACCUPLACER||College Level Examination Program (CLEP)|
|American College Testing (ACT) (opens new window)||Certiport|
||GED & ETS-HiSET
(High School Equivalency Assessments)
|ACT WorkKeys||Louisiana State Board of Contractors (LSBC)|
|Advanced (AP) Placement Testing (PDF)
||Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (opens new window)|
|New Remote TEAS Test Option||Nursing Fundamentals Exam|
|Accuplacer – Remote Test|
Randall Guidry, Testing Center Proctor – (337) 421-6973