Did you know Louisiana has one of the nation’s largest skills gaps? There are 1.2 million working age adults in our state with a high school diploma or less.
The solution is a focused approach to educate and train more working age adults through the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Ready, Tech, Go! pilot program. It began Fall 2018 with the goal of awarding scholarships to provide easier access to obtain the education and skills necessary to more fully participate in the regional economy.
Interested in returning to College? There is funding available for students to return to College that have earned a High School, GED or HiSET Diploma.
The following criteria is used to determine eligibility:
- Must have earned a high school equivalency (GED or HiSET for example)
- U.S. Citizen
- Louisiana resident
- ACT composite score of 17 or Work Keys score of Silver
- Enrolled full time in an eligible technology program
- A secondary group given consideration are students that have been out of high school for more than five years.
- These are new students just starting out at SOWELA. Some may be at risk needing a second chance to begin their education.
Individuals interested in participating in the program should contact SOWELA’s Financial Aid Office at (337) 421-6545 and complete a scholarship application.