Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SOWELA will be awarding Emergency Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) to eligible students. Funding is limited and the reason for application must explain the student’s unexpected expenses as related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although so many students are struggling from the aftermath of the 2020 hurricanes, this is not a storm related grant and the application should not be based on storm related expenses.
Please review the eligibility criteria below prior to making application. Funding is limited and will be awarded to qualified students on a first-come, first-served basis. Incomplete applications or applications that do not thoroughly explain the unexpected expense will not be able to be considered.
- Student must have a 2020-2021 FAFSA on file to demonstrate financial need
- Student must NOT have received a Higher Education Relief Fund award (HEERF) in March 2021
- Student must be a degree seeking student
- Students must be enrolled at least half time for the Spring 2021 semester
- Student must be an eligible citizen or non-citizen verified through the FAFSA
- Student must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student must not be in default on any federal student loans
- The following students are NOT eligible:
- High School/Dual Enrolled
- Non-credit, Non-degree seeking
- Visiting students
- Cross-enrolled students whose “home institution” is not SOWELA