Applying for Financial Aid
- To apply for federal and state financial aid, you will need to fill out an application called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)(opens new window). Prior to doing so, you and your parent (if applicable) will need to set up the Federal Student Aid ID (opens new window). This will permit you to sign your FAFSA electronically. View a short informational video(opens new window).
- Fill out a SOWELA Scholarship Application.
- Once SOWELA receives your FAFSA, we will send you an email regarding any follow up paperwork that is needed to determine your eligibility.
- The U.S. Department of Education randomly selects a percentage of FAFSAs for a process called verification. Verification is a process where the FAFSA is audited with the student’s and parents’ financial and household information. Inceptia is the company that SOWELA has chosen to complete verification for our students. If you are selected for verification, you will be contacted via email by Inceptia. The verification process is 100% online. If you need assistance, you can reach Inceptia on Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM CST at (888) 374-8427 or by email at VGCS@inceptia.org. In addition, feel free to stop by our One Stop Center located in the Sycamore Student Center on SOWELA’s campus. For further instructions on completing this process, refer to this guide (PDF).
- Submit all verification documents to Inceptia as requested.
- Monitor your LoLA(opens new window) account for financial aid awards.
* SOWELA and Inceptia have established a partnership. Read the official details.
Important FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION about Year-Round Pell
Need more money for college? Use Pell funds in the summer and achieve your academic goals. The U.S. Department of Education has announced that students who are eligible for a Pell grant may be able to receive a third disbursement so the student can now attend the summer semester using the grant.
- Attend SOWELA Fall, Spring, and Summer terms and you may receive additional Pell grant funds.
- Use Summer Pell grant funds to accelerate graduation.
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
- CARES/CRRSAA Act Student Emergency Grants
- Clock to Credit Hour Conversion for Diploma Programs
- Financial Aid Programs
- Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Policies and Terms
- Financial Aid Refunds
- Financial Literacy Resources
- Loan Exit Counseling
- MJ Foster Promise
- Net Price Calculator
- New Student Resources
- Outside Scholarship Opportunities
- Private Loan Lender List(opens new window)
- SAP and GPA Calculators
- SOWELA Scholarship Application
- TOPS Scholarship Information
- Transfer Scholarships for SOWELA Graduates