Applying for Financial Aid
1. To apply for federal and state financial aid, you will need to fill out an application called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Prior to doing so, you and your parent (if applicable) will need to set up the Federal Student Aid ID. This will permit you to sign your FAFSA electronically. Click here for a short informational video.
2. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. This is the application to apply for all government funded aid.
3. Fill out a SOWELA Scholarship Application.
4. Once SOWELA receives your FAFSA, we will send you an email regarding any follow up paperwork that is needed to determine your eligibility.
5. Submit all requested follow up paperwork to the One Stop Enrollment Center as soon as possible.
6. Monitor your LoLA account for financial aid awards.
Important FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION about Year-Round Pell
|Need more money for college? Use Pell funds in the summer and achieve your academic goals. The U.S. Department of Education has announced that students who are eligible for a Pell grant may be able to receive a third disbursement so the student can now attend the summer semester using the grant.|
- Financial Aid Programs
- Clock to Credit Hour Conversion for Diploma Programs
- Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid Policies and Terms
- Financial Aid Refunds
- Gainful Employment Information
- Loan Exit Counseling
- Net Price Calculator
- Outside Scholarship Opportunities
- SAP and GPA Calculators
- SOWELA Scholarship Application
- TOPS Scholarship Information
- Transfer Scholarships for SOWELA Graduates
- Tuition Waiver Application