SOWELA Technical Community College – Morgan Smith Site is located in Jennings, Louisiana. Its location between Lake Charles and Lafayette, Louisiana makes it an ideal place for residents of Jeff Davis Parish, Acadia Parish, Allen Parish, and all other surrounding parishes to take college courses and get training close to home. This extension site allows students to complete courses in programs that will result in an Associate Degree, Technical Diploma, or Certificate of Technical Studies. It also offers short-term workforce programs that assist business and industry in obtaining and training a skilled workforce.
The Jennings site recently added courses in programs that are in high demand like Process Technology and Industrial Instrumentation. An adult or high school student can start their educational journey in these high demand programs in Jennings then transfer to our Lake Charles campus to complete their degree.
The following is a list of programs that have courses available at the Morgan Smith Site:
- Accounting Technology – 520302
- Business Administration – 520101
- Certified Nurse Assistant – 513902
- Criminal Justice – 430104*
- Culinary Arts – 120503
- Industrial Electrician – 460302
- Industrial Instrumentation Technology – 150404*
- Office Systems Technology – 520401
- Practical Nursing – 513901
- Process Technology – 150699*
- Welding – 480508
*Transfer to the Lake Charles campus is necessary to complete this program.