Strategic Priority I – Academic Excellence and Student Success
Goal 1-A – Foster academic excellence through innovation, delivery, and quality assurance.
- Expand the use of Instructional Technology.
- Assess and apply evaluation data to inform our decisions.
- Establish and conduct a comprehensive program review process for academic and workforce programs, and administrative and educational support services.
- Expand experiential learning opportunities (Internships/Externships/Apprenticeships/Simulation).
- Promote/Support student achievement of institutional and programmatic learning outcomes.
- Empower students to pursue additional education through transfer initiatives or move directly into the workforce.
- Foster and implement a comprehensive model of positive teaching and learning.
Goal 1-B – Promote Student Success.
- Promote student participation in experiential learning, campus & community engagement, student organizations, leadership development and career exploration.
- Implement an institutional academic advising model that utilizes best practices to promote student success.
- Facilitate a comprehensive assessment of student services and enrollment management practices to minimize barriers and enhance access and support for all students.
- Design and implement new retention strategies.
- Develop a student-centered strategic recruitment and enrollment management plans focused on communication and customer service.
- Develop and provide opportunities to enhance the health and well-being of the campus community.
Goal 1-C – Nurture an environment of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Foster an equitable environment in which all employees and students from diverse backgrounds and perspectives feel safe, welcome, and supported.
- Expand educational opportunities that ensure students and employees have the knowledge and skills necessary for living and working effectively as members of a diverse, global society.
- Expand and support events and activities which celebrate diversity and develop an awareness of inclusion, respect, and civility.
- Develop and implement additional strategies to support retention and success of underrepresented students.
- Engage students, employees, and community members in ways that respect human dignity and lead to equitable, inclusive experiences.
Strategic Priority II – Community Engagement and Outreach
Goal 2-A – Grow and sustain academic, industry, and broad-based community partnerships.
- Initiate, lead, and sustain mission-driven partnerships and collaborations within our region.
- Promote SOWELA’s value and impact in Southwest Louisiana.
- Promote economic development through initiatives that enhance quality of life.
- Develop new programs to encourage and foster life-long learning within the region.
Goal 2-B – Increase the awareness of the brand, image, and presence of the college.
- Expand the College presence through print, online, social media, networking, and other platforms.
- Promote the College programs and services through marketing and branding.
- Provide infrastructure and platforms that support college initiatives.
Strategic Priority III – Institutional Accountability and Effectiveness
Goal 3-A – Foster operational excellence.
- Promote operational excellence through implementation of innovative best practices.
- Formalize the process for maintaining institutional archival information.
- Utilize institutional outcomes assessment information to gauge and inform mission fulfillment.
Goal 3-B – Enhance employee experience.
- Ensure salary and compensation benefit packages remain an institutional priority to attract, reward, and retain the highest quality employees.
- Expand the availability of high quality professional development opportunities for our employees.
- Develop employee engagement and communication plan that solicits feedback, measures employee engagement, and promotes shared governance.
- Implement policies and practices that promote employee well-being.
Goal 3-C – Enhance infrastructure and maintain a secure environment.
- Enhance the physical appearance of the instructional sites.
- Promote a safe environment for faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Enhance the technological infrastructure of the instructional sites.
Goal 3-D – Strengthen institutional effectiveness through continuous documented performance measurement.
- Promote a culture of comprehensive institutional planning that systematically cultivates continuous improvement throughout the college.
- Expand processes that enhance organizational learning and student success.
- Encourage and support data informed decisions across the college.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of institutional data for analysis, planning, decision making, policy making, reporting, and other purposes.