The mission of the Office of Planning and Analysis at SOWELA is to enhance the College’s educational quality, effectiveness, and quality improvement through research-based data and information collection to build knowledge and intelligence that is in congruence with the vision, mission, and goals of the College thereby leading to informed and measured institutional strategies and decision making for strategic effectiveness.
The office achieves this mission by:
- Gathering, generating, organizing, and storing research data,
- Instituting institutional studies and providing analytic information and relevant analysis to support curriculum
- Ensuring that the systems of data gathering, storage, and dissemination of research findings and service deliverables enhance decision-making and the management of the College’s resources to maintain institutional performance, accountability, effectiveness, and continuous quality improvement,
- Facilitating College Strategic Planning and Policy Formation, and
- Ensuring that SOWELA meets re-accreditation and federal and state regulatory compliance.