Our Organizational Mission
It is the mission of the Human Resources department to provide the following quality services to the employees of SOWELA:
- Recruitment of qualified individuals.
- Retention of valuable employees.
- Training, development and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization.
- A safe and healthful working environment.
- Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and constant feedback.
- Resources for administering benefits, policies and procedures.
These services are achieved through a teamwork philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun!
- Benefits Summary (PDF)
- Benefits FAQ (PDF)
- Office of Group Benefits (OGB) (opens new window)
- OGB Medical & Life Rates (opens new window)
- Supplemental Benefits (PDF)
- Teachers’ Retirement System of Louisiana (TRSL) (opens new window)
- Louisiana State Employees Retirement System (LASERS) (opens new window)
- Live Better Louisiana (opens new window)
SOWELA Technical Community College is an AA/EEO Employer.