The Office of Human Resources at SOWELA Technical Community College provides the full range of HR & Payroll services to all College constituents. The office is dedicated to providing services in:
We strive to deliver the highest quality of HR and Payroll services and value our partnerships with the College constituents, Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS), and the State of Louisiana Civil Service, Department of Labor and Workforce Commission.
The Office is an operational unit of the College, with administrative leadership provided by the Director of Human Resources. The Office is responsible for:
- Maintaining complete and up-to-date employment records for all current employees;
- Providing effective guidance related to employment laws;
- Facilitating the recruitment and hiring of qualified employees to operate the College effectively;
- Providing guidance during the search process for new employees;
- Working with other LCTCS institutions in HR/Payroll peer group meetings to explore cost savings and more effective benefits for all employees; and
- Providing employee assistance services and maintaining contact with current employees and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws.
Charleston Building, Room 1104
3820 Senator J. Bennett Johnston Avenue
Lake Charles, LA 70615
(337) 421-6510 (Office)
(337) 491-2135 (Fax)
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
For additional information, please contact us at (337) 421-6510 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.