How to File a Complaint Against an Institution Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Complete the Commission’s Complaint Form (contained in the following document): Complaint Procedures Against the Commission or Its Accredited Institutions (PDF)
- Send two PRINT copies to:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Please Read the Document Carefully Before Submitting a Complaint
- The complaint policy only addresses significant, documented, alleged non-compliance with the SACSCOC accreditation standards, policies or procedures.
- Complainants are expected to have attempted to resolve the issue through the institution’s complaint processes before filing a complaint with SACSCOC.
- The SACSCOC complaint process is not intended to be used to involve the Commission in disputes between individuals and member institutions or to cause the Commission to interpose itself as a reviewing authority in individual matters; nor does the policy allow the Commission to seek redress on an individual’s behalf.
- The primary purpose of the SACSCOC complaint procedure is to acquire valuable information regarding an accredited institution’s possible non-compliance with accreditation standards, policies and procedures rather than to resolve individual disputes.
- Complaints must be tied to specific standard numbers from The Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement.