|Crank Up Your Credit Hours with 15 to Finish |
Get in, get out, and get your career going!|
On average, a college student wants to take 15 credit hours each semester to make sure they graduate on time. However, many full-time students take less than that and don't receive their diploma on schedule. This delays the potential of increased income that comes with a two-year diploma and adds the cost of extra semesters.
To help students better plan their course schedules, SOWELA is participating in a state-wide program called 15 to Finish. The program provides you and your advisors with resources to help you stay on track and graduate on time. Plus, participating students will automatically be entered into a contest to win a $500 textbook voucher. Keep reading to learn how you can participate.
Why take 15 credit hours?
- Save Money — Already enrolled in 12 credits? Taking an additional class can be free! There is no additional cost for students who take 12-15 credit hours of on-campus classes.
- Graduate on Time — most programs require 60 credits to graduate, so in four semesters that's 15 credits per semester.
- Feel Good — have your diploma in hand sooner.
- Turn Your Degree into a Career — Get in, get out, get working! Extra time in school can be money lost in wages.
Sample Course Schedule for Graduating on Time15 to Finish Textbook Voucher Drawing
|Options for Graduating on Time|
|Fall ||Fall |
|Full-Time Plus||15||15||30 credits|
|Full-Time with Summer||12||12||6||30 credits|
|Full-Time with Second Start||12||3||12||3||30 credits|
|Full-Time with Winter Session and |
Students who complete 15 credit hours with a minimum 2.5 GPA during the 2017-2018 academic year will be entered into a drawing for a textbook voucher valued at up to $500.* The drawing will take place after the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters with two awards given out for each semester.
SOWELA can help get you started.
- Talk to your academic advisor to see if the 15 to Finish program is right for you.
- Connect with the One Stop Enrollment Center if you have questions about financial aid options.
*The voucher can only be used on textbooks or class-specific supplies. If the value of your textbook and supply purchase is less than $500, monies cannot be used on other bookstore items, such as t-shirts or backpacks.