JOULE & STUDENT EMAIL
For information on how to access student email or joule accounts, visit the following link: IT Help Guide for Student Accounts.
- All students will use the same usernames and passwords as their LoLA logins.
(Format: firstnamelastname + maybe a number).
- As with LoLA, some usernames may have a number after the name.
- Username examples: melodybryerson or karenmiller7
- When you change your password in LoLA, your password will change in Joule automatically.
- If you cannot log in with your LoLA password, notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with your name, user name, student ID number, and full birth date.
Joule supports the use of major Web browsers and iOS, including:
|Supported Web Browsers||Supported Platforms|
|Internet Explorer (v7 or higher)|
Mozilla Firefox (all versions)
Safari (v3 or higher)
Google Chrome (v4 or higher)
|Android: v2.1+ or higher|
BlackBerry: v5.x or higher
BlackBerry Bold 9650
BlackBerry Bold 9700
BlackBerry Bold 9000
BlackBerry Curve 8520
BlackBerry Curve 8530
BlackBerry Curve 8900
BlackBerry Curve 9300
BlackBerry Tour 9630
iPhone: OS v3.x or higher
iPod touch: OS v3.x or higher
Student Email (powered by Google®)
- New students will use the SAME usernames and temporary passwords as their LoLA logins (see the IT Help Guide for Student Accounts).
- Returning students will retain their current usernames and passwords.
- If these students cannot remember their usernames, their advisors can look up email addresses listed for them in the student information system (Banner).
- IT Department personnel can reset email passwords (email@example.com or Rm 330 of the Electro-Mechanical Building). Students appearing in person needing resets should have their Student ID cards on hand. If requesting help via firstname.lastname@example.org, students need to supply their full name, birth date, and student ID number.
Criteria for changing passwords in LoLA.
- Must be between 12 and 20 characters in length
- Must contain at least one letter
- Must contain at least one number
- Must contain at least one of the following characters:
- At sign @
- Percent sign %
- Asterisk *
- Equal sign =
- Plus sign +
- Must not be a password that you’ve already used
- May not contain first, middle, or last name
- May not contain SSN or the last four of SSN
- May not contain full date of birth or the year
SOWELA Software/Hardware Academic Stores: